All staff and students at our school will make every effort to ensure that students in our school have the right to:
- Learn in a safe, peaceful and Catholic environment
- Know what behaviour is expected of them while at school or on school functions
- Be protected from physical harm and verbal abuse
- Have positive behaviour recognized and reinforced
- Have their concerns heard
- Be treated fairly, with kindness and caring
Expectations of Student Conduct
All students are expected to:
- Perform their role as a student learner to the best of their ability
- Treat others in the school with kindness and respect
- Work and play safely
- Respect, listen to and respond to teacher or adult supervisors
- Follow school and classroom rules and regulations set out by teachers
- Take pride in the facility and resources at school and treat them with respect
- Monitor other students and encourage positive conduct by everyone
Clothing is to be modest and respectful for the classroom.
The following guidelines apply:
- Shirts that can be tucked in (no midriff showing) and no slogans that are deemed inappropriate for a Catholic school.
- Caps and hats are not allowed in school or at school functions.
- Shirts or tops must completely cover the shoulders and the back is not to be exposed.
- Shorts and skirts must have enough length to have the bottom hem or skirt reach no higher than mid-thigh.
- Students should not have any undergarments visible at any time (top or bottom).
- Students that do not comply with this dress code will be asked to change or call their parents to bring appropriate clothing.