Our school offers a wonderful French Immersion program for students in Kindergarten to Grade 4. Students are completely immersed in the French language throughout the school day in all core subjects: French Language Arts, Science, Math, and Social Studies. Learning a second language when children are developing their language skills is ideal.
French Immersion is a program of choice and it is open to all children. There are no particular selection criteria and no special fees for registration. Most students are from English speaking homes. In some cases, one or both parents speak French.
Here are some links that may assist you in your decision making:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Canadian Parents for French
- Yes, You Can Help! Resource
- Canadian Parents for French: Helping your Child become Bilingual
- 10 Answers for Parents about French Immersion
- All Hands On Deck! Literacy Learning in the French Immersion Classroom
If you are still unsure about French Immersion for your child, please speak with the school staff. We want you to make the best decision for you and your child.