Parent involvement is supported and encouraged. We believe that such involvement in the education process assists in increased student achievement and success.
There are many opportunities for parents to play a significant role in their child’s education.We would like to hear from you if you are interested in volunteering. All volunteers require a Criminal Record Check. These are valid for three years.
Involvement is encouraged in ANY of the following areas:
- Attending school functions;
- Providing a supportive learning environment at home;
- Volunteering for work committees and projects;
- Providing supplementary learning activities at home;
- School Parent Advisory Council involvement;
- Providing positive support and good public relations for the school;
- Communicating openly with the school.
We realize that the personal lives of families are different and that degrees of involvement at the school by parents are dependent on many factors. Your support in open communication with us and in providing your child with a good learning environment at home is extremely important for student success. If you would like to volunteer in your child’s class, please contact the homeroom teacher. We are gracious for any support you can give us by volunteering for committees, projects or attending activities at the school (happiness and achievement ratings) are highest when parents are supportive of the school and involved in school activities.
All school visitors must report to the school office.